Monday, July 15, 2013

Reasons why God is good (Gig) #91-120

So here are the rest, for a brief description of what these are please see previous post. lol. I also noticed after finishing that this is roughly equivalent to the summer after college and my first year as an RA in Rome. Right now we're on #146 on facebook so there should be yet another 30 reasons why Gig in the near future, which is an increase from the rate or around 30 per year to 30 per summer.  This parallels the realization in my spiritual life that I needed to practice the virtue of gratitude more. Kind of an interesting way of plotting my spiritual journey. Maybe that'll be a future blog post too. Until then see you in the Eucharist.

#91: for sunsets on backroads in the middle of wheat fields across from beautiful old churches before dancing. Thank God for home. And for for finishing a good harvest, 2 1/2" of rain in the middle of June, an awesome retreat on TEC 132, and a plane ticket to Rome. Sorry I was a little behind.
#92: For all the infinite ways in which God showed His goodness in the last week among them: being able to go back to the inspiration for my Gig posts, Prayer and Action, as a chaperone to an incredibly awesome group of young women from St. Thomas. For old houses with peeling paint, scrappers, and ladders. For Gatorade, Bina's, and good 'ole Marion County jokes. For daily mass, rosary, and night prayer. For silent reflection and raucous praise and worship. For an incredible team led by the Holy Spirit, under the patronage of St. Philomena. For conversion, renewal, and healing. For feet washing, the sacrament of reconciliation, and Christ's presence in Adoration. For all these reasons I know God is great! Glory to Him for Prayer and Action 2012 in the Wichita Diocese. St. Philomena, pray for us!
#93: For the work of the Holy Spirit through the intercession of St. Philomena in taking the desire of a few people for adoration and praise and worship and in three days turning it into 70+ driving an hour and a half to a beautiful church in the middle of nowhere to give glorify and adore God with their whole being. Watch out Wichita, St. Philomena is on the loose and the Holy Spirit means business. Better buckle up big things are in store.
#94: for Communion:
http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.com/2012/07/communion.html
(just fyi I never claimed to be good at counting. lol.)
#94: for feeling like a totally new person after getting twice as much sleep in a night as usual. Should go to bed at 8pm more often. lol.
#95: rain on a tin roof, county fair, cherry limaide, dancing, Jesus, donuts = awesome.
#96: For St. Philomena.
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=98
#97: For my first time behind the wheel in Italy! (and not dying during my first time behind the wheel in Italy. lol)
#98: For the ridiculously beautiful Due Santi campus that is my home for the next 10 months.
#99: For a three hour dinner at a little restaurant in Castel Gandolfo called Bucci's. Literally almost brought tears to my eyes at one point. lol. So good!

Reason #100 why I know Gig: For my family and for dear brothers and sisters in Christ. You all are the greatest blessing in my life. This is my small attempt to return a blessing to you.
The clip is from the blessing Pope Benedict gave this morning after the Angelus which, as a papal blessing, extends not only to those present in the courtyard but also to their family and friends, namely you. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3670378436772

#101: for brothers and sisters in Christ who hold me accountable: http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.it/2012/08/accountability.html
 #102 why I know Gig: For my grandmother Annetta Butel, and for bringing her home to Himself.
http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.it/2012/09/to-saint_1711.html
(despite graduating college I still can't count, in fact it seems to have gotten worse lol.)
#102: For just another day at work. In Athens, Greece. On the Acropolis.
#103: for stumbling upon adoration, benediction and then mass in Krakow after a day at Auschwitz.
#104: for ping-pong.
#105: For that moment when the double sided booklet printing works on the first try. lol.
#106: For all night adoration in beautiful old farm churches in the middle of nowhere with 40+ friends, for sunsets in the Flint Hills after the first snow of the year, for family Christmas (especially the dessert table. lol.) and for going dancing two of the four nights I've been home. It's good to be back in KS!
#107: For dancing, followed by prayer, followed by hipster doughnuts.
#108: For the best sunset of Christmas break as I left KS and touching down the next day in Rome to another fantastic sunset.
#109: For lunches that last until its time to go to bed, literally. New record: 6 hour lunch.
#110: for the awesome state of KS on her 152nd birthday.
#111: For our Holy Father Pope Benedict, may God bless his last days in office and guide our Church through the election of the next Pope. Full text of his resignation below: http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-benedict-resigns-2013-2#ixzz2KaZVr9xK
#112: For the brilliant rainbow sprouting from the top a two thousand year old aqueduct as I drove out of Rome this afternoon, and the freedom of not having a camera, so I could just enjoy the moment.
#113: For espresso. Not sure why it took me six months to think to post that. lol.
#114: For the blessing of having been in Rome the last few weeks to be able to express my gratitude and affection for Pope Benedict, at the Papal Mass on Ash Wednesday, at his last audience yesterday, and finally on the soccer field during Greek Olympics as he flew over campus on his way to Castel Gandalfo. Momma Mary keep him.
#115: For those who dance like no one is watching.
#116: For an epic 10 day trip through Greece. Wow. Mind-blown.
#117: Habemus Papem!!!!!!!!
#118: So yeah I know I'm giving this up for Holy Week but this was too good not to share. From Office of the Readings for Holy Thursday, St. Melito of Sardis speaking of Christ: "It is he who endured every king of suffering in all those who foreshadowed Him. In Abel he was slain, in Isaac bound, in Jacob exiled, in Joseph sold, in Moses exposed to die. He was sacrificed in the Passover lamb, persecuted in David, dishonored in the prophets.
He sealed our souls with His own Spirit, and the members of our body with His own blood."
#119: Alleluia, He is Risen, Indeed He is Risen, ALLELUIA!
#120: "Verso l'alto!" for a weekend in Turin with Pier Giorgio, Don Bosco, and good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I'm just now reading these, but I love them. They make me feel like I'm right there with you! Oh ... and you should probably work on the counting. :]

    ReplyDelete