Monday, July 15, 2013

Reasons why Gig #60-90:

So someone suggested that I compile my "Reasons why Gig" (Reasons why God is good) facebook statuses, and I realized that it had been a while since I had done so and I was a bit behind. lol. You can see Reasons #1-30 and #30-60 here:

http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.it/2010/12/thirty-reasons-why-i-know-god-is-good.html and http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.it/2011/05/reasons-why-god-is-good-s-31-60.html

After dredging through my facebook I've found #60-90. These numbers are roughly equivalent to my senior year of college. Reading through them again is a wonderful reminder of how constantly God is working on me and the countless things I have to be grateful for and also how much more I should recognize the little blessings of every day.  Hopefully reasons 90-120 will follow shortly. Momma keep y'all.


#60: for bringing me through another year of college. FREEDOM!!! lol. Blessed be God!
#61: for mountains to climb (literally and figuratively)
#62: for Kansas.
#63: for driving home with the windows down and music blaring on a beautiful summer night after dancing, after the county fair.
# 64: for buttered sweet-corn on my plate, cicadas in the trees, and epic sunsets in the sky. That he would lay down His life so that we could know that all these beautiful things are acts of love from Him for us. We are so blest!
#65: for a blest and challenging weekend on TEC 129 and for introducing me to some amazing new men and women of God. "Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day." Psalm 139:12
#66: Thunderstorm + Sunset = Awesome! Currently: Torrential rain! Hallelujah!
#67: Caught myself singing the Salve Regina along to the radio. lol. Thank you God for 1060AM Wichita/Eldorado EWTN radio.
#68: for giving me a the opportunity to be an RA at an awesome Catholic school. The first and last thing we did in training was pray. Thank God for Catholic colleges.
#69: for the splendor of His creation, most especially His blessed mother and an awesome class with Abbot Dennis about her! Mariology rocks (despite being on a Saturday morning!)
#70: for farmers...and Paul Harvey:http://www.youtube.com/embed/QuzhwkaNC40?rel=0
#71: For finally getting the motivation to finish another blog post. Enjoy: http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.com/2011/09/people-who-sit-in-darkness-have-seen.html
#72: for the people that play the piano late at night in the Church. Thanks for making my night whoever you were
#73: for Abbot Denis in all his awesome old Hungarian monk wisdom and holiness and for his last new student mass.
#74: because life is good. And if you're too busy or stressed to realize this right now cut it out! (y'all know who you are). Your problems are not so great that the God of all the universe can't handle them.
#75: for fall Romers*, farm families, and a straight road home! God bless y'all!
           *(even though they didn't go in the spring they're still nice people too, go figure. lol)
#76: What do stars, family potlucks, a sunset in the Flint hills, dancing, and coffee with an awesome cousin have in common? They were all part of an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. Blessed be God!
#77: For beautiful friends who do awesome things like put on mini-retreats over Christmas break.
#78: "In our attempt to sometimes capture a moment, i think we accidentally can sterilize it. We try to make it perfect and clean; but if we learn anything from the Incarnation, it is that God desires to come into the middle of the mess. To put it another way, the Church is not just a house for the rehabilitated, it's also triage for the wounded on the battlefield." Matt Maher
#79: For waking up at 6am on a Saturday morning without a snooze button (miracle), going to mass (miracle) with awesome monks at 6:30, seeing maybe the most brilliant sunrise I've ever seen coming out of mass at 7 (miracle), starting Comps at 9am and 4 hours, 2 blue books, and probably a mild case of carpal tunnel later being done (miracle), and talking to the coolest cousin ever after literally a month of phone tag (miracle). God is good!
#80: for shiny things, like my room right now which is covered in a lovely dusting of glitter. Thanks Jess, you're a wonderful RC. lol
#81: "You are the light of the world" Mt 5:14.
http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.com/2012/02/you-are-light-of-world.html
#82: For passing comps! As long as I don't flunk out in the last two months I'll have a degree in May! AHHH!!!!
#83: Because "cup overfloweth" doesn't even begin to describe the blessings that God poured out this weekend on CA#4. Maybe more like "my stock tank overfloweth." God works miracles. Blog post to follow soon. YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD! SCHINK!!!!!!!!!
#84: for the chance to go dancing twice in one weekend. Why do I love dancing so much? check out my philosophy on it if you want to know:http://quo-vadis-deum.blogspot.com/2012/03/philosophy-of-dance_30.html
#85: For the new Cistercian Abbot Fr. Peter and for the beautiful liturgy today to bless his leadership.
#86: For goin out of college the way I came in, two late night papers in one weekend. lol.
#87: For Kansans. In Texas. Two-stepping. So awesome! lol.
#88: "the message we are sending from birth is that if you don't make the traveling soccer team or get into the "right" school, then you will somehow finish life with fewer points than everyone else. That's not right. You'll never read the following obituary: "Bob Smith died yesterday at the age of 74. He finished life in 186th place."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304811304577366332400453796.html
#89: It's a dang good life. Convocation, Senior TIGT, Red River, Steak and Shake. What an awesome night.

#90: There's no way to describe in a facebook post my gratitude for the past 4 years. Thank you to my professors and classmates. Your friendship will be my most enduring memory of college. Truly we have pursued truth and virtue together. You will remain in my heart and in my prayers. Class of 2012, I already know you'll be successful so my hope for you is that you will know His peace and joy through your whole lives. While we're parting ways now, I'll always see y'all in the Eucharist. Momma keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment